For several hotels across the UAE we are currently looking for a Director of Sales & Marketing.
Reports to: General Manager
Overall responsibility for total revenue and yield strategies, implementation and results including group and transient rooms, group food and beverage, meeting room rental, local catering, outlet, and other revenues. Strategies will include market mix, pricing, status, direct sales, marketing, and acquisition status and results. Maximise profitability for the base hotel and outstanding quality service for the customers. Accountable to market performance and potential performance as well as budget, forecast, and target goals.
- Work with the Sales team and with the General Manager to ensure a good understanding for the sales and Marketing strategies; how to implement the plans.
- Works and assists in the development, implementation and sustaining of aggressive solicitation program focused on increasing business flow.Implement Sales plan in order to draw the strategy to increase revenue, attract new accounts, improve guests satisfaction and good presence in the market.
- Market analysis to make sure the generated revenue will be as required and as identified in the set goals.
- Attract new accounts for Corporate, Government, leisure & MICE…in addition making sure the retention of the current accounts.
- Updating and generating Sales reports, competition reports and yearly sales strategic plan.
- Prepare a Monthly update report for the current accounts, future accounts and the expected generated revenue.
- Attend customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with key accounts, companies and within the market.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly SMARTS report, sales team targets, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Develop rates structure per business mix, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Recruit, direct, manage, train and counsel sales & marketing team. Oversee departmental matters as they relate to state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Manage/direct all advertising, public relations and promotional activities.
- Conduct semi-annual sales and marketing operational review of area hotels.
- Troubleshooting at assigned hotels as directed by the Area General Manager or Regional Corporate personnel.
- Assess the current market and come up with new strategies to achieve the company financial and non financial goals.
- Create new marketing programes to enhance customer loyality and increase business traffic to area hotels.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role in 4 or 5-star hotel within the UAE
- Must be a strong NETWORKER!
- Must have strong established network in the UAE
- Must have good understanding of local market